Steal Like an Artist – 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative is a wonderful book filled with great quotes and practical information. Most of the lessons are things I’ve learned along the way but it was a refresher I needed after working for a company that was taken over by a boring corporation. I wish someone had made this book back when I was in art school and I recommend passing it on to any young creatives out there. Here’s a break down of the chapters:
1) Steal like an artist.
2) Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started.
3) Write the book you want to read
4) Use your hands
5) Side projects and hobbies are important.
6) The Secret: Do good work and share it with people.
7) Geography is no longer our master.
8) Be nice. (The world is a small town).
9) Be Boring. (It’s the only way to get work done.)
10) Creativity is subtraction.